Drivers / Operators must also be capable of operating in a fast paced environment and during all types of weather conditions. Shifts can start as early as 4:00 am and may last 12 hours or more. All drivers are expected to promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices and perform miscellaneous job functions to promote the overall success of the site.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or GED; at least 5-7 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Previous exp at waste facilities and/or recycling centers is a plus
• Ability to operate heavy equipment and drive various commercial vehicles (especially a dump truck)
• Minimum 5 yrs satisfactory driving exp and a clean driving record. (MUST BRING IN CURRENT DMV RECORD WHEN APPLYING)
• Must have a valid DOT Medical Card and ability to pass a DOT and employment physical.
• No suspensions or revocations due to a moving violation or accident within 5 yrs
• Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
• Class A CDL is required with an air brake endorsement from the state of California.
• Must have experience and fit our safety culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Work is performed in a variety of structures. There is exposure to high equipment noise, chemical fumes, and dust and potential electrical and machinery hazards. Field conditions outdoors are varying weather conditions, with varying low to high equipment noise; walking on changing ground surfaces; and there is some driving in various weather conditions. Exposed to the following materials: wood, metal, steel, plastics, drywall, pluming parts, glass, carpet, etc.
Education + Experience
- Minimum one-year commercial driving experience with tractor-trailers.
- Possess a valid Class A or B CDL with an airbrake endorsement from the state of California
- Minimum two years satisfactory driving experience and a clean driving record.
- Must have a valid DOT Medical Card.
- Must pass a DOT and employment physical.
- Successfully pass a background investigation and drug screen.
- Previous work experience with heavy equipment, use of tools and equipment to conduct maintenance and repair work, or an equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, ability, and skills.
- Must pass written and road test evaluation(s), when required.
- No suspensions or revocations due to a moving violation or accident within two years.
- No DUI (driving under the influence) convictions within four years.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.